Nominations: January 1 - 31
Judging/Voting: February 1 - March 15
Winners Announced: March 31
- Any fic that was named a 'Winner' or 'Fan Fave' in any category is not eligible for further nomination. Fics that received two 'Runner Up' places or one 'Runner Up' and a 'Judge's Choice' are also ineligible for further nomination. Fics that only received one 'Runner Up' are still eligible for nomination in Round Four. A list of ineligible fics is available here.
- All fanfiction must be based on the BtVS/Ats fandom. No RPF is allowed.
- A WIP (Work-in-Progress) is eligible, but it must have at least three parts, and must have been updated within two months of the beginning of the judging period.
- Fics less than 1,000 words are only eligible in the drabble/ficlet category.
- Crossovers are allowed but we cannot guarantee the judge(s) in your category will be familiar with the other fandom.
What types of fics are eligible?
- Anyone can make nominations.
- Judges and Mods may be nominated, but they cannot judge a category they've been nominated in.
- Self-nominations are accepted; however, it is preferred that for every time you nominate yourself, you nominate someone else as well. This is not a hard-and-fast rule, and I won't be checking, but the best part of an awards site is spreading the love around.
Who can nominate/be nominated?
- Authors may be nominated in no more than 50% of the total number of categories. For example, out of 8 total categories, an author may be nominated in a total of 4. If enough categories expand to make 10 categories, an author may be nominated in 5.
- Authors can only be nominated once per category.
- A single work of fiction can be nominated in two categories.
How many times can I be nominated?
- A valid email address or LJ username is not provided.
- It is riddled with spelling, punctuation & grammar errors.
- It is friends-locked or password-protected.
- It is not nominated in the correct category.
- The author declines the nomination.
Nominations will be discarded if:
- Categories must have a minimum of three entries to go to judging/voting. Categories will contain no more than ten nominees.
- Nominations will be taken in the order of author acceptance. First come, first served.
- Categories that become full before the nominations process is over may cascade* at the mods's discretion.
What else do I need to know?
About Cascading Categories:
Cascading categories are ones that might be split into further sub-categories, depending on the number and type of nominees. For example: the Best Het category might split into Best Spuffy and Best Other Het, again, depending on the number and type of nominees.